Monday 12 January 2015

40 plus a week! From cigs and drinks to Miles!

Lots has changed over the last 8 years in my life. It's been a long road full of learning and it's taken me that long because I made the mistake to do it alone most of the time but I'm getting there faster now that I know to ask for help more often :)

Far from me trying to bore you with my life story, here's what I think is an appropriate synopsis:

January 2007: Dislike my job, smoke 20+ a day, Drink 20+ a week, unfit, overweight!

January 2015: Loooove what I do, run 40+ miles a week (43 last week), no smoking for 7.5 years now, gave up drink completely for 2015 after cutting it down gradually since 2007, running 12 Marathons in 12 months for Gorta Self Help Africa!

Training schedule for last week: Monday OFF, Tuesday 6.21 Miles, Wednesday 4.67, Thursday 4.67, Friday 6.21, Saturday 9.15, Sunday 13.81.

I'm planning something similar for this week, maybe adding a mile or 2 on the Sunday run!



There are a few things you can do to help me:
1- Tell everyone I'm doing the 12 Marathons in 12 Months by sharing this Blog on your Social Media!
2- Sponsor me on http://www.mycharity.ie/event/patrick_mercies_12marathonsin12monthsin2015
3- Introduce me to a corporate or business sponsor. There are sponsorship packages available. Sponsors get mentioned online, on t-shirts, in all materials and in a Gorta Self Help Africa newsletter which I think (I'll get back with the accurate figure) has a reach of 40.000!
4- Run a Marathon with me.
5- Ask me to speak at an event you organise (I'm a motivational speaker as part of my business) and raise money for Gorta Self Help Africa!

Have a wonderful day and talk Friday for my next Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment