Friday 8 May 2015

Does 5 fit in 8?

'Don't limit your challenges, challenge your limits'

I spotted this on Pinterest while browsing the other day. Since that is what I am doing with my motivational coaching business now I might as well apply it to my other great passion, running.

As part of the 12 Marathons in 12 Months challenge for Gorta Self Help Africa I have ran 5 Marathons in the first 18 weeks of 2015. And that is a personal record. So 5 fits into 18!


However does 5 fit into 8??? Can I do 5 marathons in 8 weeks? Let's find out!

June 1st Cork City Marathon
June 13th Portumna Forest Marathon
June 27th Waterford Viking Marathon
July 11th Marathon des Escargots Portarlington
July25th Keith Whyte Marathon Courtmacsherry

This is the plan, the first 2 are booked already! This is going to hurt and I might not break the land speed record, yet I will endeavour to finish them. Are you with me?

This will take up to 20 hours a week in average between training and races and writing blogs so I need YOUR help with the fundraising as I need the other 148 hours every week for other stuff :)

HERE'S what I need from all of YOU:
1- Collect sponsorship cards from me and ask your friends for donations.
2- Share my BLOG and link to My Charity page.
3- Run a Race of any distance anywhere and get sponsored (I have all the materials to email to you.)
4- Run a Race with me and get sponsored.
5- Donate.
6- Organise any event for your Friends, Sports & Social, Club, Organisation etc... If I can I'll come and speak (that's the other thing I'm really good at) :)
7- Become a Business Sponsor or find one. There are 3 packages available.

Donations can be given online at http://www.mycharity.ie/event/patrick_mercies_12marathonsin12monthsin2015

No comments:

Post a Comment