Friday 15 May 2015

The gift that keeps on giving and giving!

I have only done one (1) run since my last blog on Monday. Nope, procrastination did not get a hold of me. And thankfully neither did injuries. I also run a Motivational Coaching & Training Business and that took over the last 3 days. 42 hours out of the 72 were spent doing the stuff I love with a passion, 6 hours of travelling, 18 sleeping and the other 6 were spent reading and creating visibility on social media. That left 0 hours for training.

And that's fine, it is only for 3 days. I'm back doing 3 sessions over the weekend and have 6 sessions booked in for next week. I love running too much to leave it more than these 3 days. :)

One of the gifts I get from running is one of the essentials for a self employed person and even more so for one who intends to become a business owner, the path I am on. This pattern of busy busyness will repeat itself over and over. And you need energy to do this. The right Energy might I add. Not the energy you get from sugary bars, coffee and fry-ups.

The energy you get from an active lifestyle, exercising 6 days a week and the healthier lifestyle that comes with that. And that gift keeps giving.



For example yesterday I got up at 5.30am, attended my first networking meeting at 6.30am, attended to work and clients throughout the day and finished giving 2 talks at an evening Networking Event finishing at 10.30pm, 17 hours after getting out of bed. The last talk was a motivational talk. I had to give it welly. And I gave it all I had. Which was everything. And I could. Because of my active lifestyle.

So even on the days I'm not running, it keeps giving. What an amazing sport, I'm privileged to be able to do so much of it.

Talk to you on Monday with a training report, it will only be 14 days from Marathon number 6 in the Rebel County, the Cork City Marathon.

You can donate to my #12marathonsin12months challenge on http://www.mycharity.ie/event/patrick_mercies_12marathonsin12monthsin2015

No comments:

Post a Comment