Friday 25 September 2015

The Challenge continues and moves abroad.

So that's it then! 12 in 12 done. Promise kept. See you!

That's what life would be like if goals and targets were all there was. Building up to the goal or target and then when you reach it a brief moment of glory followed by desperate emptiness. Or the need for another goal or target.

One of the things I learned during my 2 year journey up to the Challenge and during the Challenge itself is that it was made up entirely of moments. I never felt like I had to go for a run. I felt privileged to be able to. I never had to do a Marathon. I felt humbled to stand at the start line because I could. This running lark has become a lifestyle, a part of my journey, my playing at life.

Therefore there is no end or no beginning, there is a continuing journey of moments. For as long as I can.



And that's the same with everything else in life. I do things not for targets or goals yet because I can and want to. At peace, filled with joy and utterly engaged with what I love doing.

So I keep running because I'm alive and I can. This week 4 days, 4 x 10 K. Beautiful, peaceful and enjoyable. Tomorrow I am considering roughly a 10 mile run and Sunday a 15 miler.

Next Thursday I travel to the place I grew up in. Tervuren, 10 miles East of Brussels. To run Brussels Marathon on Sunday. Purely for fun and enjoyment. And it will be number 13 this year and number 30 overall. And I'll get to see my mum and sisters and my sisters boys. Lovely!



You can donate to the Challenge on http://www.mycharity.ie/event/patrick_mercies_12marathonsin12monthsin2015

No comments:

Post a Comment