Monday 11 January 2016

Letting go to move forward (and keep running).

I got a call from a friend last week who asked to meet up as he had a wonderful idea he wanted to run by me. Something he was really excited about. It was a new project and he wanted my advice on it's feasibility and implementation.

I took my diary out to see when I was free to meet. Every suggestion I made got a similar answer. 'Can't I'm already attending a....', 'Not that morning, I have a meeting organised', etc... We couldn't agree a time for last week. I asked to him to check how time intensive the new project was and how he was going to fit it in his busy schedule.

We'll meet this week I'm sure. Just to check on his priorities and what is more important to him. You see sometimes you can only fit so much in. When there is no more room, there is no more room.

OK, you can work smarter yet even then there is a limit.

The same goes with everything in life. Take me and my love for running. As you read on last week's blog my intention is to run as much as I can for as long as I can. I do this because running is one of the things I love doing most. In order for me to do this to the best of my ability I need to train more and smarter.

That means more time gets taken up by running. So I need to prioritise that. That means letting go. In my case I let go of watching sports on TV in order to practice sports myself.

Other things need to go or be curbed drastically. Refined sugar for instance. Processed foods. Alcohol. Late nights. To name but a few.


What I get in return is the ability to do what I love most to the best of my ability. That makes me a very happy person.

And everyone benefits from that. Me first and foremost because a happy me will always be better serving others.

And others. Regards running for instance I know a couple of people who have agreed to enter their first Half Marathon in Limerick on the May Bank Holiday. I am able to help them along with a balanced training program, tips on gear and support on great and not so great days.

So here's your 2 questions for today.

What burning desire to do something you really love do you have?
What do you need to let go to make it happen?

Have a wonderful week and talk Friday.

P.S.: My running week was Monday 7.2 miles, Tuesday 7.2, Wednesday 7.2, Thursday 8.24, Friday 7.2, Saturday 9.97 and Sunday I was working. That's 47 miles, a nice base to start building from.

Miles with smiles xxxx Patte

No comments:

Post a Comment