Friday 8 January 2016

Running your life with intention!

'Living intentionally with direction and purpose overshadows any goal or target driven life!'

There, I said it! That's a personal opinion based on evidence of what I do every day and of what my clients do. Find what you Love, set an intention, give it direction, deliver it with purpose on a daily basis!

Example I here you ask! Here goes. I love running. My intention is to run as long and as much as I enjoy. The direction I am taking this in next is #50at50 (completing 50 Marathons before I'm 51 (in Feb '17) and running my first Ultra's in 2016. To deliver it with purpose every day I do what I love most to help me enjoy it more.

That means running every day I can and that's most days. That means satisfying my love for good food with food that is also good for me. That means satisfying my love for travel with running all over Ireland and this year also Marathons in Brussels and Amsterdam and a 2 week training camp in Lanzarote. This means satisfying my love for meeting people by being a member of a running club. And so on.

The entire running thing becomes an amalgamation of moments of joy and fun.

Last year that resulted in over delivering on the direction I was taking it in instead of 12 completing 16 Marathons. However that was not the important bit. The important bit is not the result. Because what if it was and I 'ONLY' did 11? I would feel a failure. Imagine feeling like you failed because you ran 11 marathons in 1 year????

The Most Important bit was the daily joy I got from running. It made me deliver more than I thought myself capable of and it had positive side effects on my health both mentally and physically. The sheer power of delivering an intention with purpose and love was what made this really great!

My running since January 1st reflects that. Jan 1 7.2 miles, Jan 2 9.97, Jan 3 9.97, Jan 4 7.2, Jan 5 7.2, Jan 6 7.2, Jan 7 8.24. So to kick start my running again slowly after the festive season has seen the completion of 56.98 miles in 7 days, about 8 miles a day. With Love and Joy!

I now do this for every aspect of life. Find what you love doing and do more by setting intentions, giving it direction and then delivering it daily with purpose. I'm giving a workshop on this on January 30th in the Absolute Hotel in Limerick from 10am to 4.30pm. You can get tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/do-more-of-what-you-love-workshop-tickets-20071833394



The next race coming up is a Marathon Club Ireland Marathon on January 23rd in Lilliput Adventure Centre by Lough Ennell in County Westmeath.

Greetings all, have a great weekend.

Miles with smiles!! Patte xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment