Monday 15 February 2016

What was I thinking??!!

This Intentional Living stuff is having side effects. My life seems to be revolving around doing more and more of the things I love doing most. In the Real World. This means I have less and less time for the other stuff. The stuff I merely tolerate or even the stuff I dislike doing. Eventually most of these things will disappear.

In 'real terms' in the last week that means I've started to literally say NO to fear. NO to doing things purely for money as this is giving into the fear of not having enough. The fear that I have to do things I don't like in order to survive. All this does is take me away from what I do best and allows me to be more useful and contribute to other's lives.

So I have started to say NO to the fear I'm not good enough. NO to the fear I might not make it. NO to the fear that somehow I need to measure myself against others. NO to the fear that others have the power of judgment over me.

And that means saying YES to possibilities. YES to opportunities. YES to the things I am passionate about. YES to being me more. YES to being fully me. 100%. In the NOW. YES!

Removing fears by simply defining what you love doing and then starting to do those things bit by bit. Just being me more.



Personally that means giving more seminars, workshops, motivational talks and training sessions. In other words, talk more :) I have a Seminar in 12 days in Ennis, 2 training days in April and May, a speaking engagement in April and a Seminar in April. I can and will do a lot more than that.

Also I intend to travel more! After weekends in West Cork and the Dingle Peninsula I'm off to Offaly next weekend, Clare the weekend after, then a running 2 days in UL and 3 days in Tralee mid March.

Running wise I'm doing 4 more marathons in February and March including my first Back to Back or 2 Marathons in 2 consecutive days before my First Ultra Marathon in April in Connemara.

Doing more and more of what you love gives you less time for all the other stuff.

What was I thinking before? There was a lot more 'I have to' in my life. That is being replaced with 'I want to' and 'I get to'.

Does that sound like a lifestyle choice you might be interested in?

Message me on Patrick Mercie, Forward 2 Success or Patrick Mercie Motivational Speaker on Facebook, @patrickmercie or @ForwardSuccess on Twitter or Patrick Mercie on LinkedIn.

What am I thinking? I'm not thinking right now. I am too busy doing!

Miles with Smiles!! Living intentionally!

Patte xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment