Tuesday 19 April 2016

Phase 1 complete, Phase 2 initiate!

'But Mousie, thou are no thy-lane,
In proving foresight may be vain:
The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
Gang aft agley,
An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promis'd joy!'

Roberts Burns certainly had a way with words when he wrote his 'Tae a Moose' poem in 1785. And yes, he was right. Of all the plans made by all the people in the world, most don't end up working out as expected. Even though they don't necessarily all end in grief and pain!

There was no Phase 1, 2 & 3 for my running in 2016. But it ended up that way. Connemara Ultra was supposed to be my 5th race of 2016, it became my 8th.

I have mentioned before I'm getting quite good at listening to my body and getting the mind to control it better. I knew deep down I was ready for the Ultra despite some professional advice to the contrary. And despite the weather system's best efforts I made it through the race faster than expected.

I knew I needed a break now, so I took one. Full week without running. What made it easier was that I was really, really busy last week. That helps. Doing one thing I truly love doing doesn't allow time for missing the other thing I love doing so much. Went back to training last night. Lovely.

The intention and direction haven't changed, just my reaction to events and adapting to whatever happens in the moment. So Phase 1 was closed off with 8 Races completed. 7 Marathons (including a first Back to Back) and 1 Ultra.

Time for Phase 2 which as it stands runs until September 4th. (Hols for 2 weeks on the 5th). Though I love running year round, Summer is my lower preference season. I prefer hilly runs in rain and colder weather.

Anyway between now and the end of May I have 'just' 2 Marathons booked. The Great Limerick Run Marathon on May 1st and the Lakes of Killarney Marathon on May 14th. Nice and easy start to the Phase getting me to 10 races for 2016 and 43 overall.


 
Next UP!!! On May 1st, on Home Turf!!
 
 
These plans can be fluid as I live in the moment more consciously now. This in the Now living is responsible for the extra 3 races in Phase 1. So with apologies to Mr. Burns, I'm Living in the Now and I'm hooked :)

Miles with Smiles

Patte xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment