Friday 19 August 2016

Race preview: East Cork Harbour Marathon.

And we're off! To a place I've never been before. So that's a double whammy then. A Marathon and travelling to new places. 2 things that make me happy.

Destination: Aghada, (East) County Cork. Event: East Cork Harbour Marathon.


This is a new marathon on the scene, organised for the most part by members of Aghada GAA Club supported by Aghada Running Club. I met these wonderful people at the Expo of the Barrington's Hospital Great Limerick Run. The were very enthusiastic and energetic about the whole thing so I decided to sign up.

With new events comes wonder, another thing I like. Wonder about the course, wonder about the people, wonder about the facilities, hills, scenery and so much more. And even the course profile is full of wonder as I am completely new to the area. Here's a link to the routes for those in the area or taking part or supporting! http://eastcorkmarathon.com/the-routs/ And here's their Promo Video which looks great! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHbSks1QMXg

This time 2 years ago I had completed 15 Marathons, in the next 2 weeks I am running numbers 51 & 52 and I am privileged and very thankful to receive my 50th Marathon Medal from the amazing and wonderful people at Marathon Club Ireland tomorrow.

I'll let you all know here on Monday what East Cork was like.

One more thing. A Big Massive Thank You to all of you who read and share this Blog. A Big Massive Thank You to all of you who have ran with me over the last 2 years or more. A Big Massive Thank You to all who support us running.

Thanks to all of you this Blog is possible. And thanks to all of you this Blog has been shortlisted for the Littlewoods Ireland Blog Awards 2016 in the Sports Section. You can vote here until Tuesday: http://blogawardsireland.com/


Have a wonderful weekend,

Miles with Smiles!!
Patte xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment